People who agree with a breathalyzer test and will not receive a suspension, a person who refuses to take the breathalyzer test receive a longer suspension.
Moreover, the Secretary of State shall not lift the suspension until the time and the person who pays a reinstatement fee runs out. Under certain limited circumstances, a lawyer may be able to file a motion to rescind the statutory summary suspension. A lawyer must file the petition to annul the statutory summary suspension within a specific time period or the offender will lose the right to challenge the suspension.
If the court grants the request, the Secretary of State or not suspend the offender’s driver’s license or willingness to lift the suspension, If the court rejects the request to cancel the legal suspension, a lawyer may still be able to obtain limited driving to the customer, sometimes known as an igniter or BAIID privileges. A DUI is a very serious crime. The many types of DUI charges and circumstances of each case are as diverse as the range of penalties, revocations and suspensions.
Therefore, each case may present an opportunity for experienced defense attorneys to attack the base of the traffic stop, or to attack the results of a breath test, or to suppress the results of the field sobriety exercises. There are many different ways that a driver can be charged with a DUI (aka drunk driving), including alcohol only, only a combination of drugs and alcohol and drugs.
At the time of writing, 625 CS 05/11 Section 501 describes the alternatives as follows: Driving under the influence, other drug or drugs, intoxication compound or compounds or any combination thereof.
(a) No person shall drive or be in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state while:
- the concentration of alcohol in the person’s blood or breath is 0.08 or more, according to the definition of units Blood and breath in Section 11 501.2;
- under the influence of alcohol;
- under the influence of any intoxicating compound or combination of compounds beverages to a degree that makes the person unable to handle in the form safe;
- under the influence of any drug or combination of drugs to a degree that renders a person incapable of driving safely;
- under the combined influence of alcohol, other drug or drugs, or intoxicating compound or compounds with an intensity that makes the person unable to safely handle, or
- any amount of a drug, substance or compound in the person’s breath, blood or urine as a result of the unlawful use or consumption of cannabis listed in the Cannabis Control Act, a controlled substance listed in the Controlled Substances Act, an intoxicating compound listed in the use of drugs Act compounds, or methamphetamine as listed in the control methamphetamine and Protection Act to the Community.
(b) The fact that everyone charged with a violation of this section is or has been legally authorized to alcohol, other drug or drugs, or intoxicating compound or compounds, or any combination thereof, shall not constitute a defense against any charge of violation of this section.
If it is best to contact a lawyer from Chicago Criminal associated with a law firm renowned and experienced their expert DUI attorneys will carefully evaluate the case and explain the legal options available at no cost.